Have you ever wondered what it would take to write a movie? Have you had an idea for a TV show or a short film, but didn’t know what to do with it? Have you written a script or two, but find yourself stuck and unsure of your next steps? It’s time to stop wondering and dreaming, and start writing! In eight days, our team of talented, experienced and passionate instructors will provide you all the encouragement and practical information you will need to get your story on the page.
Topics covered include:
- Finding Your Voice as a Storyteller
- Creating Haunting Moments in Your Story
- Creating an Arena that Mirrors your Theme and Complicates Your Plot
- Fleshing Out a Story that is Fresh and Worth It
- Understanding How TV Shows Work
- Seeing the Technical Part of a Screenplay as a Work of Art
- Crafting a Beautiful Part that an Actor Will Want to Play
- Seeing Your Movie the Way a Cinematographer Will
- Dialogue That is Resonant and Memorable
- Creating an Industry Standard Story Proposal
- ….and lots more!
Our Accomplished Faculty of Professionals includes:
- Barbara Nicolosi, PhD, author of Notes to Screenwriters, screenwriter and producer
- Karen Hall, multi award winning TV writer with credits including, M*A*S*H*, Judging Amy, The Good Wife
- John Burd, Esq., former Development Executive, Mar Vista Entertainment, producer, My Christmas Love, The Other Mother
- Mark Joseph, producer Reagan, The Vessel
- And many more!
Class size is limited!
Early bird tuition: $1200
Tuition After July 1: $1400
How to apply:
Click on Apply Now to pay the $35 application fee, then you’ll be directed to the online application.
If you want to first look over the application, it’s here.
For more information: email@example.com
Raves from our 2016 conference:
“Thank you so much for the Catharsis screenwriting conference! The course was exactly what I needed to make progress in my story. I am carrying on now with a far more organized notebook and a reignited passion for the craft.” ~ Leeza M., London, England
“The Catharsis screenwriting conference was a big commitment of time and money for me. However, at the end of the week it felt as if I got a bargain.” ~ George S., Alabama
“I can count on one hand the excellent teachers who have made a huge difference in my life. Now, I can count a few more. The team at Catharsis and their amazing screenwriting conference.” ~ Anne M., Texas
SIGN UP FOR THE LATEST NEWS AND PROMOS.